As a rap buzzmaker representing Chicago, it was inevitable Mick Jenkins would eventually find himself in the studio with Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa. Appropriately enough, their paths finally meet on Cross Roads, a new promo single which serves as the first-named emcee’s introduction to our pages. Here, Ongaud‘s downbeat sample work offers the collaborators ample room to showcase their distinctive approaches on the mic. The headliner’s gruff, yet agile opener is followed by a characteristically fresh and unpredictable 16 from Chance. Mensa’s tightly-wound flows grace the closing verse, but Mr. Save Money gets the last word, unexpectedly returning to deliver a final couplet. This joint is unattached to any forthcoming project but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from each of these talented Windy City denizens.
Written by richard on 07/21/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Water" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.