As a rap buzzmaker representing Chicago, it was inevitable Mick Jenkins would eventually find himself in the studio with Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa. Appropriately enough, their paths finally meet on Cross Roads, a new promo single which serves as the first-named emcee’s introduction to our pages. Here, Ongaud‘s downbeat sample work offers the collaborators ample room to showcase their distinctive approaches on the mic. The headliner’s gruff, yet agile opener is followed by a characteristically fresh and unpredictable 16 from Chance. Mensa’s tightly-wound flows grace the closing verse, but Mr. Save Money gets the last word, unexpectedly returning to deliver a final couplet. This joint is unattached to any forthcoming project but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from each of these talented Windy City denizens.
Written by richard on 07/21/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Water" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.