Has it really been a whole quarter-century since Run-DMC unleashed their groundbreaking third album, Raising Hell, upon the unsuspecting public? To answer my own rhetorical question: yes, yes it has. To celebrate the seminal set’s 25-year anniversary, heavyweight DJ Mick Boogie has called up his most talented connects to craft an all-star tribute project. Newly-leaked cut Down With the King 2011, a new-school remake of the title track off Run-DMC’s sixth LP, finds 6th Sense putting his own spin on Pete Rock’s instrumental. Like Rock on the original, the Booth-approved beatsmith steps out from behind the boards to deliver a guest verse, spitting alongside Brooklyn representers Nitty Scott, MC and Tanya Morgan (Donwill and Von Pea). In addition to appearing on Boogie’s aforementioned project, set for release tomorrow, Down With the King 2011 is slated for inclusion on Nitty’s 2DopeBoyz-exclusive Doobies x Popsicle Sticks mixtape, dropping tonight at midnight. Heads in the NYC area will have the chance to get their pictures taken with DMC and hear a DJ set by Mick Boogie in a Friday night event at SoHo’s Adidas Originals store. Click here for further details!
Written by richard on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.