Has it really been a whole quarter-century since Run-DMC unleashed their groundbreaking third album, Raising Hell, upon the unsuspecting public? To answer my own rhetorical question: yes, yes it has. To celebrate the seminal set’s 25-year anniversary, heavyweight DJ Mick Boogie has called up his most talented connects to craft an all-star tribute project. Newly-leaked cut Down With the King 2011, a new-school remake of the title track off Run-DMC’s sixth LP, finds 6th Sense putting his own spin on Pete Rock’s instrumental. Like Rock on the original, the Booth-approved beatsmith steps out from behind the boards to deliver a guest verse, spitting alongside Brooklyn representers Nitty Scott, MC and Tanya Morgan (Donwill and Von Pea). In addition to appearing on Boogie’s aforementioned project, set for release tomorrow, Down With the King 2011 is slated for inclusion on Nitty’s 2DopeBoyz-exclusive Doobies x Popsicle Sticks mixtape, dropping tonight at midnight. Heads in the NYC area will have the chance to get their pictures taken with DMC and hear a DJ set by Mick Boogie in a Friday night event at SoHo’s Adidas Originals store. Click here for further details!
Written by richard on 11/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.