On August 12, Michelle Williams hopes to silence some of her critics, when she releases her new album, Unexpected. In an interview with DJBooth last month, Williams explained: “They think because I made two gospel albums, that I have a makeshift altar at home. They think I’m quiet; they don’t know that I’m the funny, outgoing girl that I am.” On the heels of taking over the number one spot on Billboard’s Dance Chart with her current radio single, We Break The Dawn, a new Williams record entitled The Greatest has emerged inside our Booth. The song, which is produced by Jim “I produced Lollipop” Jonsin, details the unnecessary search for a significant other when a perfect candidate is right in front of your face. Penned by songwriter extraordinaire Rico Love, The Greatest might be a solid single selection. But is Williams reaching for the stars?
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.