On August 12, Michelle Williams hopes to silence some of her critics, when she releases her new album, Unexpected. In an interview with DJBooth last month, Williams explained: “They think because I made two gospel albums, that I have a makeshift altar at home. They think I’m quiet; they don’t know that I’m the funny, outgoing girl that I am.” On the heels of taking over the number one spot on Billboard’s Dance Chart with her current radio single, We Break The Dawn, a new Williams record entitled The Greatest has emerged inside our Booth. The song, which is produced by Jim “I produced Lollipop” Jonsin, details the unnecessary search for a significant other when a perfect candidate is right in front of your face. Penned by songwriter extraordinaire Rico Love, The Greatest might be a solid single selection. But is Williams reaching for the stars?
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.