On August 12, Michelle Williams hopes to silence some of her critics, when she releases her new album, Unexpected. In an interview with DJBooth last month, Williams explained: “They think because I made two gospel albums, that I have a makeshift altar at home. They think I’m quiet; they don’t know that I’m the funny, outgoing girl that I am.” On the heels of taking over the number one spot on Billboard’s Dance Chart with her current radio single, We Break The Dawn, a new Williams record entitled The Greatest has emerged inside our Booth. The song, which is produced by Jim “I produced Lollipop” Jonsin, details the unnecessary search for a significant other when a perfect candidate is right in front of your face. Penned by songwriter extraordinaire Rico Love, The Greatest might be a solid single selection. But is Williams reaching for the stars?
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.