On August 12, Michelle Williams hopes to silence some of her critics, when she releases her new album, Unexpected. In an interview with DJBooth last month, Williams explained: “They think because I made two gospel albums, that I have a makeshift altar at home. They think I’m quiet; they don’t know that I’m the funny, outgoing girl that I am.” On the heels of taking over the number one spot on Billboard’s Dance Chart with her current radio single, We Break The Dawn, a new Williams record entitled The Greatest has emerged inside our Booth. The song, which is produced by Jim “I produced Lollipop” Jonsin, details the unnecessary search for a significant other when a perfect candidate is right in front of your face. Penned by songwriter extraordinaire Rico Love, The Greatest might be a solid single selection. But is Williams reaching for the stars?
Written by DJ Z on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.