Last we heard from Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams, the Rockford, Illinois native had released her second gospel album, Do You Know. Three years later, she is breaking new ground and challenging herself to carry over fans to a forthcoming commercial R&B venture, Unexpected. On her first single off the new release, We Break The Dawn, Williams shares a thing or two about staying out all night and getting to church late on Sunday morning. On the song’s remix, the singer calls on newcomer Flo Rida to show some concerned non-clubbers how it’s done, over Atlanta producer DJ Montay’s ivory-tickling, hard-thumping beat. “We ain’t go-ing nowhere/ till we good and read-y!” sings a new Williams. On August 12, we’ll find out if that’s true.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.