Last we heard from Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams, the Rockford, Illinois native had released her second gospel album, Do You Know. Three years later, she is breaking new ground and challenging herself to carry over fans to a forthcoming commercial R&B venture, Unexpected. On her first single off the new release, We Break The Dawn, Williams shares a thing or two about staying out all night and getting to church late on Sunday morning. On the song’s remix, the singer calls on newcomer Flo Rida to show some concerned non-clubbers how it’s done, over Atlanta producer DJ Montay’s ivory-tickling, hard-thumping beat. “We ain’t go-ing nowhere/ till we good and read-y!” sings a new Williams. On August 12, we’ll find out if that’s true.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.