Last we heard from Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams, the Rockford, Illinois native had released her second gospel album, Do You Know. Three years later, she is breaking new ground and challenging herself to carry over fans to a forthcoming commercial R&B venture, Unexpected. On her first single off the new release, We Break The Dawn, Williams shares a thing or two about staying out all night and getting to church late on Sunday morning. On the song’s remix, the singer calls on newcomer Flo Rida to show some concerned non-clubbers how it’s done, over Atlanta producer DJ Montay’s ivory-tickling, hard-thumping beat. “We ain’t go-ing nowhere/ till we good and read-y!” sings a new Williams. On August 12, we’ll find out if that’s true.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.