Last we heard from Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams, the Rockford, Illinois native had released her second gospel album, Do You Know. Three years later, she is breaking new ground and challenging herself to carry over fans to a forthcoming commercial R&B venture, Unexpected. On her first single off the new release, We Break The Dawn, Williams shares a thing or two about staying out all night and getting to church late on Sunday morning. On the song’s remix, the singer calls on newcomer Flo Rida to show some concerned non-clubbers how it’s done, over Atlanta producer DJ Montay’s ivory-tickling, hard-thumping beat. “We ain’t go-ing nowhere/ till we good and read-y!” sings a new Williams. On August 12, we’ll find out if that’s true.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.