Last we heard from Destiny’s Child member Michelle Williams, the Rockford, Illinois native had released her second gospel album, Do You Know. Three years later, she is breaking new ground and challenging herself to carry over fans to a forthcoming commercial R&B venture, Unexpected. On her first single off the new release, We Break The Dawn, Williams shares a thing or two about staying out all night and getting to church late on Sunday morning. On the song’s remix, the singer calls on newcomer Flo Rida to show some concerned non-clubbers how it’s done, over Atlanta producer DJ Montay’s ivory-tickling, hard-thumping beat. “We ain’t go-ing nowhere/ till we good and read-y!” sings a new Williams. On August 12, we’ll find out if that’s true.
Written by Erica L. on 05/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.