Summer 2013 was a scorching one in The DJBooth, and the inferno shows no sign of dying down; in the last few months, we’ve seen Tate Tucker, Baiyu, MidaZ the Beast, Big Sean and Bun B bless our pages with reader-approved records simply titled “Fire.” Today, Destiny’s Child alumuns Michelle Williams becomes the first R&B artist to jump on the bandwagon with the latest single off her senior solo set. Unsurprisingly, the emphasis here is not on lyrical flames, but romantic heat. Harmony Samuels’ bouncy, mid-tempo synth/guitar production sets the mood as Williams waxes poetic about the explosive chemistry between her and a new man. While it’s a far cry from the subdued balladry of lead single If We Had your Eyes, I have a feeling the cut will meet a warm reception from our readers. Journey to Freedom is currently unscheduled, but those who like what they’re hearing can cop Fire now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.