Summer 2013 was a scorching one in The DJBooth, and the inferno shows no sign of dying down; in the last few months, we’ve seen Tate Tucker, Baiyu, MidaZ the Beast, Big Sean and Bun B bless our pages with reader-approved records simply titled “Fire.” Today, Destiny’s Child alumuns Michelle Williams becomes the first R&B artist to jump on the bandwagon with the latest single off her senior solo set. Unsurprisingly, the emphasis here is not on lyrical flames, but romantic heat. Harmony Samuels’ bouncy, mid-tempo synth/guitar production sets the mood as Williams waxes poetic about the explosive chemistry between her and a new man. While it’s a far cry from the subdued balladry of lead single If We Had your Eyes, I have a feeling the cut will meet a warm reception from our readers. Journey to Freedom is currently unscheduled, but those who like what they’re hearing can cop Fire now on iTunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.