Summer 2013 was a scorching one in The DJBooth, and the inferno shows no sign of dying down; in the last few months, we’ve seen Tate Tucker, Baiyu, MidaZ the Beast, Big Sean and Bun B bless our pages with reader-approved records simply titled “Fire.” Today, Destiny’s Child alumuns Michelle Williams becomes the first R&B artist to jump on the bandwagon with the latest single off her senior solo set. Unsurprisingly, the emphasis here is not on lyrical flames, but romantic heat. Harmony Samuels’ bouncy, mid-tempo synth/guitar production sets the mood as Williams waxes poetic about the explosive chemistry between her and a new man. While it’s a far cry from the subdued balladry of lead single If We Had your Eyes, I have a feeling the cut will meet a warm reception from our readers. Journey to Freedom is currently unscheduled, but those who like what they’re hearing can cop Fire now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.