Summer 2013 was a scorching one in The DJBooth, and the inferno shows no sign of dying down; in the last few months, we’ve seen Tate Tucker, Baiyu, MidaZ the Beast, Big Sean and Bun B bless our pages with reader-approved records simply titled “Fire.” Today, Destiny’s Child alumuns Michelle Williams becomes the first R&B artist to jump on the bandwagon with the latest single off her senior solo set. Unsurprisingly, the emphasis here is not on lyrical flames, but romantic heat. Harmony Samuels’ bouncy, mid-tempo synth/guitar production sets the mood as Williams waxes poetic about the explosive chemistry between her and a new man. While it’s a far cry from the subdued balladry of lead single If We Had your Eyes, I have a feeling the cut will meet a warm reception from our readers. Journey to Freedom is currently unscheduled, but those who like what they’re hearing can cop Fire now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 09/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Break The Dawn" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.