I know what you’re thinking. Coochie Crook is a hilarious title for a song, maybe the most double-take inducing since Lil Wayne and Drake’s Gonorrhea. Thankfully, Coochie Crook, the latest from Cool Kids emcee Sir Michael Rocks (aka Mikey Rocks), is much more than a hilarious title – it’s pretty damn good music too. Behind the boards Ski Beatz crafts one of the more lightly entertaining beats we’ve heard from the man in a minute, using a young lady’s….um…vocal exclamations of pleasure as the foundation for some mid-tempo fun. On the mic Rocks
delves into the recent political upheaval in the Middle East
unleashes bar after bar of rewind-worthy rhymes detailing his sexual conquests, conquests that apparently range from Apache to Mississippi-born women. Think a more stripped down version on Jay’s Girls, Girls, Girls, only with more illegal drug use. I can’t guarantee there will be another song title as good as Coochie Crook on Sir Rock’s upcoming mixtape The Rocks Report, but I can guarantee that it will drop tomorrow, Monday , March 14, right here on DJBooth.net.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
One Off Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bat Phone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.