I know what you’re thinking. Coochie Crook is a hilarious title for a song, maybe the most double-take inducing since Lil Wayne and Drake’s Gonorrhea. Thankfully, Coochie Crook, the latest from Cool Kids emcee Sir Michael Rocks (aka Mikey Rocks), is much more than a hilarious title – it’s pretty damn good music too. Behind the boards Ski Beatz crafts one of the more lightly entertaining beats we’ve heard from the man in a minute, using a young lady’s….um…vocal exclamations of pleasure as the foundation for some mid-tempo fun. On the mic Rocks
delves into the recent political upheaval in the Middle East
unleashes bar after bar of rewind-worthy rhymes detailing his sexual conquests, conquests that apparently range from Apache to Mississippi-born women. Think a more stripped down version on Jay’s Girls, Girls, Girls, only with more illegal drug use. I can’t guarantee there will be another song title as good as Coochie Crook on Sir Rock’s upcoming mixtape The Rocks Report, but I can guarantee that it will drop tomorrow, Monday , March 14, right here on DJBooth.net.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/13/11
One Off Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bat Phone" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.