I know what you’re thinking. Coochie Crook is a hilarious title for a song, maybe the most double-take inducing since Lil Wayne and Drake’s Gonorrhea. Thankfully, Coochie Crook, the latest from Cool Kids emcee Sir Michael Rocks (aka Mikey Rocks), is much more than a hilarious title – it’s pretty damn good music too. Behind the boards Ski Beatz crafts one of the more lightly entertaining beats we’ve heard from the man in a minute, using a young lady’s….um…vocal exclamations of pleasure as the foundation for some mid-tempo fun. On the mic Rocks
delves into the recent political upheaval in the Middle East
unleashes bar after bar of rewind-worthy rhymes detailing his sexual conquests, conquests that apparently range from Apache to Mississippi-born women. Think a more stripped down version on Jay’s Girls, Girls, Girls, only with more illegal drug use. I can’t guarantee there will be another song title as good as Coochie Crook on Sir Rock’s upcoming mixtape The Rocks Report, but I can guarantee that it will drop tomorrow, Monday , March 14, right here on DJBooth.net.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
One Off Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bat Phone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.