When Michael Jackson tragically died this summer, at first it looked like an enormous loss not only for music lovers everywhere, but all the companies that were banking on his upcoming 50 show tour. Lucky for their wallets, they’re now spinning the coverage they got of MJ’s rehearsals and in the studio into a worldwide marketing blitz, starting with the unreleased track This Is It. Released at midnight last night, This Is It is an orchestral piece that shows that even after all these years MJ could still rock his breathy, pop-magic as hard as his Off the Wall days. It’s good to hear Michael one more time, but This Is It won’t be going down as one of his best tracks, or even one of his top 25 tracks. Anyone disagree? You can hear more posthumously released material when the This Is It soundtrack is released on October 27, followed closely by a movie of the same title, and some t-shirts, and some commemorative plates, and anything else they can think of to cash in on the King of Pop’s legacy.
Listen to More: Michael Jackson
Written by Nathan S. on 10/12/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billie Jean (Kanye West Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)