When Michael Jackson tragically died this summer, at first it looked like an enormous loss not only for music lovers everywhere, but all the companies that were banking on his upcoming 50 show tour. Lucky for their wallets, they’re now spinning the coverage they got of MJ’s rehearsals and in the studio into a worldwide marketing blitz, starting with the unreleased track This Is It. Released at midnight last night, This Is It is an orchestral piece that shows that even after all these years MJ could still rock his breathy, pop-magic as hard as his Off the Wall days. It’s good to hear Michael one more time, but This Is It won’t be going down as one of his best tracks, or even one of his top 25 tracks. Anyone disagree? You can hear more posthumously released material when the This Is It soundtrack is released on October 27, followed closely by a movie of the same title, and some t-shirts, and some commemorative plates, and anything else they can think of to cash in on the King of Pop’s legacy.
Listen to More: Michael Jackson
Written by Nathan S. on 10/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billie Jean (Kanye West Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.