Now, this is more like it. After listening to last week’s Breaking News, Michael Jackson fans were left scratching their heads thinking “What is this? Is it even MJ? Why are they releasing this at all, let alone as a single?” Apparently, somebody got the message that the track was a disgrace to the King in its current state, so they’ve decided to release the Akon produced and assisted Hold My Hand instead as the first official single. An unfinished version of the track was released in 2008, and was rumored to have been intended for an Akon album. That makes sense, seeing as how the song sounds as though Jackson is the featured artist rather than the lead, being vocally outdone by the Konvict Muzik founder. Behind the boards, Kon’s beat is pop friendly fare that could bring MJ back to the Top 40 chart he spent his career establishing. This is definitely a perfect single selection, and should let fans who were worried about the quality of the upcoming Michael album breathe a sigh of relief when they pick it up on December 14.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 11/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billie Jean (Kanye West Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.