Now, this is more like it. After listening to last week’s Breaking News, Michael Jackson fans were left scratching their heads thinking “What is this? Is it even MJ? Why are they releasing this at all, let alone as a single?” Apparently, somebody got the message that the track was a disgrace to the King in its current state, so they’ve decided to release the Akon produced and assisted Hold My Hand instead as the first official single. An unfinished version of the track was released in 2008, and was rumored to have been intended for an Akon album. That makes sense, seeing as how the song sounds as though Jackson is the featured artist rather than the lead, being vocally outdone by the Konvict Muzik founder. Behind the boards, Kon’s beat is pop friendly fare that could bring MJ back to the Top 40 chart he spent his career establishing. This is definitely a perfect single selection, and should let fans who were worried about the quality of the upcoming Michael album breathe a sigh of relief when they pick it up on December 14.
Written by Jessica "Compton" Bennett on 11/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billie Jean (Kanye West Remix)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.