On February 12, 2008, the world will be blessed with a 25th Anniversary re-release of the greatest selling album of all-time, Michael Jackson’s Thriller. The album will include the original track listing and an additional eight bonus tracks. In addition to collaborations with Akon (Wanna Be Startin’ Something), will.i.am (Pretty Young Thing), and Fergie (Beat It), Kanye West has remixed the classic Jackson hit, Billie Jean. The musical alterations are minimal as West only changed out the bassline and infused a heavier and more distinguished beat. Of course, it wouldn’t be a true “Kanye remix” if the mixed and mastered version didn’t include a ‘Ye made-famous “uuuh” or “yeeeh;” after all, who better to remix Billie Jean than a current king of pop?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold My Hand ft. Michael Jackson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.