On February 12, 2008, the world will be blessed with a 25th Anniversary re-release of the greatest selling album of all-time, Michael Jackson’s Thriller. The album will include the original track listing and an additional eight bonus tracks. In addition to collaborations with Akon (Wanna Be Startin’ Something), will.i.am (Pretty Young Thing), and Fergie (Beat It), Kanye West has remixed the classic Jackson hit, Billie Jean. The musical alterations are minimal as West only changed out the bassline and infused a heavier and more distinguished beat. Of course, it wouldn’t be a true “Kanye remix” if the mixed and mastered version didn’t include a ‘Ye made-famous “uuuh” or “yeeeh;” after all, who better to remix Billie Jean than a current king of pop?
Written by DJ Z on 12/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold My Hand ft. Michael Jackson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.