On February 12, 2008, the world will be blessed with a 25th Anniversary re-release of the greatest selling album of all-time, Michael Jackson’s Thriller. The album will include the original track listing and an additional eight bonus tracks. In addition to collaborations with Akon (Wanna Be Startin’ Something), will.i.am (Pretty Young Thing), and Fergie (Beat It), Kanye West has remixed the classic Jackson hit, Billie Jean. The musical alterations are minimal as West only changed out the bassline and infused a heavier and more distinguished beat. Of course, it wouldn’t be a true “Kanye remix” if the mixed and mastered version didn’t include a ‘Ye made-famous “uuuh” or “yeeeh;” after all, who better to remix Billie Jean than a current king of pop?
Written by DJ Z on 12/20/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold My Hand ft. Michael Jackson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.