On February 12, 2008, the world will be blessed with a 25th Anniversary re-release of the greatest selling album of all-time, Michael Jackson’s Thriller. The album will include the original track listing and an additional eight bonus tracks. In addition to collaborations with Akon (Wanna Be Startin’ Something), will.i.am (Pretty Young Thing), and Fergie (Beat It), Kanye West has remixed the classic Jackson hit, Billie Jean. The musical alterations are minimal as West only changed out the bassline and infused a heavier and more distinguished beat. Of course, it wouldn’t be a true “Kanye remix” if the mixed and mastered version didn’t include a ‘Ye made-famous “uuuh” or “yeeeh;” after all, who better to remix Billie Jean than a current king of pop?
Written by DJ Z on 12/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold My Hand ft. Michael Jackson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.