On February 12, 2008, the world will be blessed with a 25th Anniversary re-release of the greatest selling album of all-time, Michael Jackson’s Thriller. The album will include the original track listing and an additional eight bonus tracks. In addition to collaborations with Akon (Wanna Be Startin’ Something), will.i.am (Pretty Young Thing), and Fergie (Beat It), Kanye West has remixed the classic Jackson hit, Billie Jean. The musical alterations are minimal as West only changed out the bassline and infused a heavier and more distinguished beat. Of course, it wouldn’t be a true “Kanye remix” if the mixed and mastered version didn’t include a ‘Ye made-famous “uuuh” or “yeeeh;” after all, who better to remix Billie Jean than a current king of pop?
Written by DJ Z on 12/20/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold My Hand ft. Michael Jackson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.