In the words of Shakespeare, dost mine ears deceive me? Could it be? Hast some brave soul attempted to remake Ginuwine’s ’96 R&B jam Pony? Ok, so maybe that’s not exactly a Shakespeare quote, but the points the same; holy s**t, Michael Francis just dropped his version of Pony for 2012. When you’re dealing with a song so classic I asked Ginuwine play it at my wedding - no, really - I’m going to be wary, but I have to admit – Michael Francis has really pulled it off. Producer Cito on the Beat only tweaks the original beat, chopping that famous synth line and giving the percussion a more (appropriately) riding feel. But on a song like this all the production mastery in the world couldn’t cover sub-par vocals and Francis delivers, hitting the same steamy notes and placing the same emphatic flairs as the original. While Pony 2012 is a stand alone single, those eager to jump on more Michael Francis music should keep an ear out for his upcoming album, Cold Heart Chronicle, which lucky listeners can cop an advanced copy of right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Greatest Feeling" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.