In my world, simply announcing “I’m Off the Chain” isn’t quite enough to convince a chick to spend the night. Then again, there’s a world of difference between stating the facts and intoning it as smooth a manner as Michael Francis does on his first Booth feature. The lead single off the artist’s forthcoming album, this seductive cut finds beat crew The University layering airy synths over bubbling piano arpeggios and an understated rhythm section as the New Jersey representative lets a certain female know exactly what he’s got in mind for her. Fluidly switching between soulful crooning and rapped flows in a manner reminiscent of certain current urban hitmakers, he musters up all his powers of persuasion with an aim to getting her into bed. When he learns that the girl in question’s started running around behind his back, however, he changes his tune; assuring her that he’s got plenty of other women on deck, he scoffs “I wouldn’t touch you with an oven mitt.” Digging this up-and-comer’s smooth and self-assured style? More fresh material awaits on Michael Francis’ Cold Heart Chronicles LP, scheduled to drop October 31.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Greatest Feeling" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.