In my world, simply announcing “I’m Off the Chain” isn’t quite enough to convince a chick to spend the night. Then again, there’s a world of difference between stating the facts and intoning it as smooth a manner as Michael Francis does on his first Booth feature. The lead single off the artist’s forthcoming album, this seductive cut finds beat crew The University layering airy synths over bubbling piano arpeggios and an understated rhythm section as the New Jersey representative lets a certain female know exactly what he’s got in mind for her. Fluidly switching between soulful crooning and rapped flows in a manner reminiscent of certain current urban hitmakers, he musters up all his powers of persuasion with an aim to getting her into bed. When he learns that the girl in question’s started running around behind his back, however, he changes his tune; assuring her that he’s got plenty of other women on deck, he scoffs “I wouldn’t touch you with an oven mitt.” Digging this up-and-comer’s smooth and self-assured style? More fresh material awaits on Michael Francis’ Cold Heart Chronicles LP, scheduled to drop October 31.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Greatest Feeling" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.