In my world, simply announcing “I’m Off the Chain” isn’t quite enough to convince a chick to spend the night. Then again, there’s a world of difference between stating the facts and intoning it as smooth a manner as Michael Francis does on his first Booth feature. The lead single off the artist’s forthcoming album, this seductive cut finds beat crew The University layering airy synths over bubbling piano arpeggios and an understated rhythm section as the New Jersey representative lets a certain female know exactly what he’s got in mind for her. Fluidly switching between soulful crooning and rapped flows in a manner reminiscent of certain current urban hitmakers, he musters up all his powers of persuasion with an aim to getting her into bed. When he learns that the girl in question’s started running around behind his back, however, he changes his tune; assuring her that he’s got plenty of other women on deck, he scoffs “I wouldn’t touch you with an oven mitt.” Digging this up-and-comer’s smooth and self-assured style? More fresh material awaits on Michael Francis’ Cold Heart Chronicles LP, scheduled to drop October 31.
Written by richard on 09/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Greatest Feeling" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)