A world-famous actor who’s built a career on playing awkward, weedy teenagers and young men, Michael Cera is living proof that you can have star power despite a congenital lack of smoothness. That quality has made him a powerful source of inspiration to 19-year-old rhymesayer Michael Christmas, who channels the Arrested Development cast member’s quirky charisma on his first Booth feature and latest mixtape single. In addition to crafting a mellow keyboard-loop backdrop for the Boston native’s witty, sometimes self-deprecating bars, Goodwin steps out from behind the boards to direct the joint’s comedic visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Michael Cera and many more offbeat bangers on Christmas’s Is This Art? LP, dropping digitally before year’s end.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Boston reppin', heavily pop-culture influenced emcee Michael Christmas asks the question, Is This Art?, on his newly-released album. In an effort to answer his question, listeners will run into two Booth-approved selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jackie Brown" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.