A world-famous actor who’s built a career on playing awkward, weedy teenagers and young men, Michael Cera is living proof that you can have star power despite a congenital lack of smoothness. That quality has made him a powerful source of inspiration to 19-year-old rhymesayer Michael Christmas, who channels the Arrested Development cast member’s quirky charisma on his first Booth feature and latest mixtape single. In addition to crafting a mellow keyboard-loop backdrop for the Boston native’s witty, sometimes self-deprecating bars, Goodwin steps out from behind the boards to direct the joint’s comedic visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Michael Cera and many more offbeat bangers on Christmas’s Is This Art? LP, dropping digitally before year’s end.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jackie Brown" (2013)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.