A world-famous actor who’s built a career on playing awkward, weedy teenagers and young men, Michael Cera is living proof that you can have star power despite a congenital lack of smoothness. That quality has made him a powerful source of inspiration to 19-year-old rhymesayer Michael Christmas, who channels the Arrested Development cast member’s quirky charisma on his first Booth feature and latest mixtape single. In addition to crafting a mellow keyboard-loop backdrop for the Boston native’s witty, sometimes self-deprecating bars, Goodwin steps out from behind the boards to direct the joint’s comedic visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Michael Cera and many more offbeat bangers on Christmas’s Is This Art? LP, dropping digitally before year’s end.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jackie Brown" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.