A world-famous actor who’s built a career on playing awkward, weedy teenagers and young men, Michael Cera is living proof that you can have star power despite a congenital lack of smoothness. That quality has made him a powerful source of inspiration to 19-year-old rhymesayer Michael Christmas, who channels the Arrested Development cast member’s quirky charisma on his first Booth feature and latest mixtape single. In addition to crafting a mellow keyboard-loop backdrop for the Boston native’s witty, sometimes self-deprecating bars, Goodwin steps out from behind the boards to direct the joint’s comedic visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Michael Cera and many more offbeat bangers on Christmas’s Is This Art? LP, dropping digitally before year’s end.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jackie Brown" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.