A world-famous actor who’s built a career on playing awkward, weedy teenagers and young men, Michael Cera is living proof that you can have star power despite a congenital lack of smoothness. That quality has made him a powerful source of inspiration to 19-year-old rhymesayer Michael Christmas, who channels the Arrested Development cast member’s quirky charisma on his first Booth feature and latest mixtape single. In addition to crafting a mellow keyboard-loop backdrop for the Boston native’s witty, sometimes self-deprecating bars, Goodwin steps out from behind the boards to direct the joint’s comedic visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to find Michael Cera and many more offbeat bangers on Christmas’s Is This Art? LP, dropping digitally before year’s end.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Boston reppin', heavily pop-culture influenced emcee Michael Christmas asks the question, Is This Art?, on his newly-released album. In an effort to answer his question, listeners will run into two Booth-approved selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jackie Brown" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.