Relatively new to the Booth with only two previous features, Michael Christmas has been welcomed with open arms. His last feature, December’s Jackie Brown, was one to remember. Well, now Christmas returns with a song title referencing a classic TV show that all hip-hop heads hold close to their hearts. Leonard Washington is named after a classic character from Chappelle’s Show, but the artist ain’t joking around. OK, he is—that’s part of his appeal—but while he is charismatic and funny, he also has some serious talent. Atop Thelonious Martin‘s jazzy beat, Christmas showcases the creativity that we have come to know and love, as well as his crisp, seamless flow. Leonard Washington will join the aforementioned Jackie Brown on Christmas’ Is This Art? tape, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Michael Cera" (2013)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.