Relatively new to the Booth with only two previous features, Michael Christmas has been welcomed with open arms. His last feature, December’s Jackie Brown, was one to remember. Well, now Christmas returns with a song title referencing a classic TV show that all hip-hop heads hold close to their hearts. Leonard Washington is named after a classic character from Chappelle’s Show, but the artist ain’t joking around. OK, he is—that’s part of his appeal—but while he is charismatic and funny, he also has some serious talent. Atop Thelonious Martin‘s jazzy beat, Christmas showcases the creativity that we have come to know and love, as well as his crisp, seamless flow. Leonard Washington will join the aforementioned Jackie Brown on Christmas’ Is This Art? tape, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Michael Cera" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.