Relatively new to the Booth with only two previous features, Michael Christmas has been welcomed with open arms. His last feature, December’s Jackie Brown, was one to remember. Well, now Christmas returns with a song title referencing a classic TV show that all hip-hop heads hold close to their hearts. Leonard Washington is named after a classic character from Chappelle’s Show, but the artist ain’t joking around. OK, he is—that’s part of his appeal—but while he is charismatic and funny, he also has some serious talent. Atop Thelonious Martin‘s jazzy beat, Christmas showcases the creativity that we have come to know and love, as well as his crisp, seamless flow. Leonard Washington will join the aforementioned Jackie Brown on Christmas’ Is This Art? tape, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/3/14
Boston reppin', heavily pop-culture influenced emcee Michael Christmas asks the question, Is This Art?, on his newly-released album. In an effort to answer his question, listeners will run into two Booth-approved selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Michael Cera" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.