Relatively new to the Booth with only two previous features, Michael Christmas has been welcomed with open arms. His last feature, December’s Jackie Brown, was one to remember. Well, now Christmas returns with a song title referencing a classic TV show that all hip-hop heads hold close to their hearts. Leonard Washington is named after a classic character from Chappelle’s Show, but the artist ain’t joking around. OK, he is—that’s part of his appeal—but while he is charismatic and funny, he also has some serious talent. Atop Thelonious Martin‘s jazzy beat, Christmas showcases the creativity that we have come to know and love, as well as his crisp, seamless flow. Leonard Washington will join the aforementioned Jackie Brown on Christmas’ Is This Art? tape, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/3/14
Boston reppin', heavily pop-culture influenced emcee Michael Christmas asks the question, Is This Art?, on his newly-released album. In an effort to answer his question, listeners will run into two Booth-approved selections...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Michael Cera" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)