Relatively new to the Booth with only two previous features, Michael Christmas has been welcomed with open arms. His last feature, December’s Jackie Brown, was one to remember. Well, now Christmas returns with a song title referencing a classic TV show that all hip-hop heads hold close to their hearts. Leonard Washington is named after a classic character from Chappelle’s Show, but the artist ain’t joking around. OK, he is—that’s part of his appeal—but while he is charismatic and funny, he also has some serious talent. Atop Thelonious Martin‘s jazzy beat, Christmas showcases the creativity that we have come to know and love, as well as his crisp, seamless flow. Leonard Washington will join the aforementioned Jackie Brown on Christmas’ Is This Art? tape, due out later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Michael Cera" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.