We chose Michael Christmas to be one of our first DJBooth Top Prospects because of his originality, honesty and creativity, all of which are on full display on Do Something, his exclusive track for our Top Prospects EP Vol. 1. Over a grumbling beat by Ben Dot, Christmas gets personal, detailing his financial struggles and father’s health problems while still throwing in plenty of pop culture references (word to NBA Jam) in trademark fashion. There’s only one Michael Christmas - check his Is This Art? album if you already haven’t - but there are more Top Prospects making more dope exclusive music for DJBooth. You should take a listen.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Michael Cera" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.