We chose Michael Christmas to be one of our first DJBooth Top Prospects because of his originality, honesty and creativity, all of which are on full display on Do Something, his exclusive track for our Top Prospects EP Vol. 1. Over a grumbling beat by Ben Dot, Christmas gets personal, detailing his financial struggles and father’s health problems while still throwing in plenty of pop culture references (word to NBA Jam) in trademark fashion. There’s only one Michael Christmas - check his Is This Art? album if you already haven’t - but there are more Top Prospects making more dope exclusive music for DJBooth. You should take a listen.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Michael Cera" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.