As tempting as it might be to give myself the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind treatment after a nasty breakup, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t go through with it. The whole “brainwashing” thing just gives me the creeps. Jersey singer Michael Charles, on the other hand, just might take the plunge – on new single Deleted Memories (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), the first-time featuree addresses an ex for one last time before pressing that (figurative) button and putting it all behind him. Over Black the Beast‘s unconventional instrumental, a densely-layered casserole of synths, piano and hypnotic guitar riffs, the singer explains exactly why he’s had it with the girl in question, and states his intent to make a clean break with the past. While Charles’ lyrics’ have a tendency to get buried under the production, I have a feeling the girl to whom this is addressed will get the picture. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for details on the singer’s Breaking Ground EP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/4/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.