As tempting as it might be to give myself the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind treatment after a nasty breakup, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t go through with it. The whole “brainwashing” thing just gives me the creeps. Jersey singer Michael Charles, on the other hand, just might take the plunge – on new single Deleted Memories (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), the first-time featuree addresses an ex for one last time before pressing that (figurative) button and putting it all behind him. Over Black the Beast‘s unconventional instrumental, a densely-layered casserole of synths, piano and hypnotic guitar riffs, the singer explains exactly why he’s had it with the girl in question, and states his intent to make a clean break with the past. While Charles’ lyrics’ have a tendency to get buried under the production, I have a feeling the girl to whom this is addressed will get the picture. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for details on the singer’s Breaking Ground EP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/4/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.