Thanks to an internet connection and enough money to buy ProTools (or crafty enough to pirate a copy for free) it’s become increasingly hard for a new artist to stand out from the pack. There is, however, an easy solution to this over-saturation problem – just sound like no one else. Making his first appearance on our pages today is Micah Freeman, a retro-informed young artist who’s equal parts confident and laid back cool. His sound’s a little hard to describe, you’ll just have to Crowd Around and listen. Producer Djarum lays down the tempo for this DJBooth premiere by lacing a soulful and sharply clapping beat with west coast influence, giving Freeman plenty of room for his relaxed and on point flow. Lyrically declaring that he touches souls with his music like a man with the cloth, Freeman’s simultaneously sound carefully planned and stream of consciousness, resulting in a flow that’s, well, refreshingly original. Fresh off rocking our stage at the ATL Indie Fest, Micah is now dedicated to making sure his upcoming album The Timepiece, slated for a fall release, drops on time.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Racing Hearts" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.