Thanks to an internet connection and enough money to buy ProTools (or crafty enough to pirate a copy for free) it’s become increasingly hard for a new artist to stand out from the pack. There is, however, an easy solution to this over-saturation problem – just sound like no one else. Making his first appearance on our pages today is Micah Freeman, a retro-informed young artist who’s equal parts confident and laid back cool. His sound’s a little hard to describe, you’ll just have to Crowd Around and listen. Producer Djarum lays down the tempo for this DJBooth premiere by lacing a soulful and sharply clapping beat with west coast influence, giving Freeman plenty of room for his relaxed and on point flow. Lyrically declaring that he touches souls with his music like a man with the cloth, Freeman’s simultaneously sound carefully planned and stream of consciousness, resulting in a flow that’s, well, refreshingly original. Fresh off rocking our stage at the ATL Indie Fest, Micah is now dedicated to making sure his upcoming album The Timepiece, slated for a fall release, drops on time.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Racing Hearts" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.