A glance at Mic Legacy‘s DJBooth.net artist pic doesn’t reveal anything too out of the ordinary—I mean, he’s probably the only person alive who uses an oven mitt to handle musical media but, other than that, he looks like any number of young dudes you’d encounter in the street. Nonetheless, on his latest single (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) the Virginia native insists, “One thing I can guarantee: You Ain’t Never Seen a n*gga like me..” Here, a head-nodding, chopped-sample instrumental by Leck One sets the mood as the emcee hips us to all the intangibles that differentiate him from the pack—from his impeccable fashion sense (”I stay so fresh I make the best-dressed start hatin’.”) to his uncanny level of tenacity (”I done had it all, then I fell off / then I got back up and brushed myself off.”). Philly’s Truck North guests, revealing his godlike powers over time and space on the front: “I can go from Cancun to the Moon in one night / I could turn November to June without a fight.” Complete with the preternaturally smooth hook vocals of Quan, this joint is proof positive that one can’t judge a book by its cover. If you like what you’re hearing, more freshness awaits on Mic Legacy’s Booth-hosted Rebel street album, set to hit our mixtape page Sept. 13.
Written by richard on 09/6/11
Submit your Rating
Rebel Muzik Media
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radio ft. Skyzoo" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)