Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to hop in the DeLorean and take a trip back to the ‘90s. MiC K!ng & Chum, making their first appearance on the Booth, are here to deliver their new single, Snake Oil, a Marty McFly joint off their recently released album, Flavorade. K!ng puts his rhyming skills to use over some throwback production from Chum, keeping the energy high with witty, lyrical content that at times can get pretty heavy: “Stay hungry, but know your limits / pace the race, there ain’t no real finish.” Great wordplay aside, the dynamic duo use their quick rhyme scheme and extremely creative writing to grab the listener’s attention and hold it throughout the course of the song, so when Slug (of Atmosphere) joins the cast for a back end feature, it only adds another expressive dimension to the already lively nature of the track. If you liked this featured submission, check out Flavorade (out now), and as always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
Master Works Unlimited/SonyRED
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.