Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to hop in the DeLorean and take a trip back to the ‘90s. MiC K!ng & Chum, making their first appearance on the Booth, are here to deliver their new single, Snake Oil, a Marty McFly joint off their recently released album, Flavorade. K!ng puts his rhyming skills to use over some throwback production from Chum, keeping the energy high with witty, lyrical content that at times can get pretty heavy: “Stay hungry, but know your limits / pace the race, there ain’t no real finish.” Great wordplay aside, the dynamic duo use their quick rhyme scheme and extremely creative writing to grab the listener’s attention and hold it throughout the course of the song, so when Slug (of Atmosphere) joins the cast for a back end feature, it only adds another expressive dimension to the already lively nature of the track. If you liked this featured submission, check out Flavorade (out now), and as always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
Master Works Unlimited/SonyRED
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.