Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to hop in the DeLorean and take a trip back to the ‘90s. MiC K!ng & Chum, making their first appearance on the Booth, are here to deliver their new single, Snake Oil, a Marty McFly joint off their recently released album, Flavorade. K!ng puts his rhyming skills to use over some throwback production from Chum, keeping the energy high with witty, lyrical content that at times can get pretty heavy: “Stay hungry, but know your limits / pace the race, there ain’t no real finish.” Great wordplay aside, the dynamic duo use their quick rhyme scheme and extremely creative writing to grab the listener’s attention and hold it throughout the course of the song, so when Slug (of Atmosphere) joins the cast for a back end feature, it only adds another expressive dimension to the already lively nature of the track. If you liked this featured submission, check out Flavorade (out now), and as always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 12/15/09
Submit your Rating
Master Works Unlimited/SonyRED
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.