Sundays are traditionally a time to relax before the start of another busy work week, but you won’t catch Mic Handz kicking back on his La-Z-Boy. Today, like every other day, you’ll find the Flatbush representative out “on the boulevard,” putting in that Packwork. His first feature since bringing us Sean Price-assisted street banger Stay Givin’ It Up back in February, this freshly-minted promo single is similar to its predecessor in theme, but boasts a funkier, more upbeat sound. DJ Kid Cut‘s swaggering rhythm section and chopped brass samples set the mood as Handz’ chronicles his tireless pursuit of the Almighty Dollar, employing a flow and vocal delivery that reflect his determination to succeed. In between his breathless opening and closing bars, fellow Brooklynite Money Bag Maj grabs the mic to deliver a cool and collected middle 16. This single isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Mic Handz’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.