Sundays are traditionally a time to relax before the start of another busy work week, but you won’t catch Mic Handz kicking back on his La-Z-Boy. Today, like every other day, you’ll find the Flatbush representative out “on the boulevard,” putting in that Packwork. His first feature since bringing us Sean Price-assisted street banger Stay Givin’ It Up back in February, this freshly-minted promo single is similar to its predecessor in theme, but boasts a funkier, more upbeat sound. DJ Kid Cut‘s swaggering rhythm section and chopped brass samples set the mood as Handz’ chronicles his tireless pursuit of the Almighty Dollar, employing a flow and vocal delivery that reflect his determination to succeed. In between his breathless opening and closing bars, fellow Brooklynite Money Bag Maj grabs the mic to deliver a cool and collected middle 16. This single isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Mic Handz’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.