Sundays are traditionally a time to relax before the start of another busy work week, but you won’t catch Mic Handz kicking back on his La-Z-Boy. Today, like every other day, you’ll find the Flatbush representative out “on the boulevard,” putting in that Packwork. His first feature since bringing us Sean Price-assisted street banger Stay Givin’ It Up back in February, this freshly-minted promo single is similar to its predecessor in theme, but boasts a funkier, more upbeat sound. DJ Kid Cut‘s swaggering rhythm section and chopped brass samples set the mood as Handz’ chronicles his tireless pursuit of the Almighty Dollar, employing a flow and vocal delivery that reflect his determination to succeed. In between his breathless opening and closing bars, fellow Brooklynite Money Bag Maj grabs the mic to deliver a cool and collected middle 16. This single isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Mic Handz’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.