Sundays are traditionally a time to relax before the start of another busy work week, but you won’t catch Mic Handz kicking back on his La-Z-Boy. Today, like every other day, you’ll find the Flatbush representative out “on the boulevard,” putting in that Packwork. His first feature since bringing us Sean Price-assisted street banger Stay Givin’ It Up back in February, this freshly-minted promo single is similar to its predecessor in theme, but boasts a funkier, more upbeat sound. DJ Kid Cut‘s swaggering rhythm section and chopped brass samples set the mood as Handz’ chronicles his tireless pursuit of the Almighty Dollar, employing a flow and vocal delivery that reflect his determination to succeed. In between his breathless opening and closing bars, fellow Brooklynite Money Bag Maj grabs the mic to deliver a cool and collected middle 16. This single isn’t attached to any larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Mic Handz’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.