There are many rules in Hip-Hop. In fact, there are so many rules it’s hard to remember them all. So if your brain can only handle a small handful, we suggest the following three: One, don’t sample Lord Finesse. Two, don’t sign a record deal with Puff Daddy. And three, Don’t Get Stomped. Released as part of #THEMThursdays, a weekly series curated by T.H.E.M Records, the latest video single (directed by MonStar Films) from Brooklyn emcee Mic Handz is a downright vicious lyrical slaughter. Produced by Aaron “Freedom” Lyles and featuring Lil Fame (of MOP), Don’t Get Stomped is a gritty, no holds barred rhyme fest, which will eventually find a home on the forthcoming Killin’ the Game compilation LP.
Written by DJ Z on 04/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.