“Mibbs making music without Like and BeYoung? SUPWITHAT?” Not to worry, imaginary friend, the West Coast spitter hasn’t parted ways with Pac Div. His forthcoming EP with beatsmith Scoop DeVille is simply an opportunity for the emcee to expand his horizons and switch things up stylistically. The project’s lead single sees Mibbs departing from the crisp, upbeats stylings of his crew’s hits in favor of something a little grimier. DeVille’s shrill synths and plodding percussion rhythm back slow-flowed verses emphasizing the rapper’s lack of patience for lames and general non-f**k-giving attitude. Has this bold and arrogant selection whet your appetite for more? Then remember to give Free Bass a listen in between Yeezus and Born Sinner when it drops next Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Pie " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.