“Mibbs making music without Like and BeYoung? SUPWITHAT?” Not to worry, imaginary friend, the West Coast spitter hasn’t parted ways with Pac Div. His forthcoming EP with beatsmith Scoop DeVille is simply an opportunity for the emcee to expand his horizons and switch things up stylistically. The project’s lead single sees Mibbs departing from the crisp, upbeats stylings of his crew’s hits in favor of something a little grimier. DeVille’s shrill synths and plodding percussion rhythm back slow-flowed verses emphasizing the rapper’s lack of patience for lames and general non-f**k-giving attitude. Has this bold and arrogant selection whet your appetite for more? Then remember to give Free Bass a listen in between Yeezus and Born Sinner when it drops next Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
The music industry is a forever-changing beast, but the dynamic of a rap group has always stayed the same. No matter how much success or acclaim a bunch of emcees achieve together, there will always be individual group...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Pie " (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.