“Mibbs making music without Like and BeYoung? SUPWITHAT?” Not to worry, imaginary friend, the West Coast spitter hasn’t parted ways with Pac Div. His forthcoming EP with beatsmith Scoop DeVille is simply an opportunity for the emcee to expand his horizons and switch things up stylistically. The project’s lead single sees Mibbs departing from the crisp, upbeats stylings of his crew’s hits in favor of something a little grimier. DeVille’s shrill synths and plodding percussion rhythm back slow-flowed verses emphasizing the rapper’s lack of patience for lames and general non-f**k-giving attitude. Has this bold and arrogant selection whet your appetite for more? Then remember to give Free Bass a listen in between Yeezus and Born Sinner when it drops next Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Pie " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.