“Mibbs making music without Like and BeYoung? SUPWITHAT?” Not to worry, imaginary friend, the West Coast spitter hasn’t parted ways with Pac Div. His forthcoming EP with beatsmith Scoop DeVille is simply an opportunity for the emcee to expand his horizons and switch things up stylistically. The project’s lead single sees Mibbs departing from the crisp, upbeats stylings of his crew’s hits in favor of something a little grimier. DeVille’s shrill synths and plodding percussion rhythm back slow-flowed verses emphasizing the rapper’s lack of patience for lames and general non-f**k-giving attitude. Has this bold and arrogant selection whet your appetite for more? Then remember to give Free Bass a listen in between Yeezus and Born Sinner when it drops next Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Pie " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.