“Mibbs making music without Like and BeYoung? SUPWITHAT?” Not to worry, imaginary friend, the West Coast spitter hasn’t parted ways with Pac Div. His forthcoming EP with beatsmith Scoop DeVille is simply an opportunity for the emcee to expand his horizons and switch things up stylistically. The project’s lead single sees Mibbs departing from the crisp, upbeats stylings of his crew’s hits in favor of something a little grimier. DeVille’s shrill synths and plodding percussion rhythm back slow-flowed verses emphasizing the rapper’s lack of patience for lames and general non-f**k-giving attitude. Has this bold and arrogant selection whet your appetite for more? Then remember to give Free Bass a listen in between Yeezus and Born Sinner when it drops next Tuesday, June 18.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
The music industry is a forever-changing beast, but the dynamic of a rap group has always stayed the same. No matter how much success or acclaim a bunch of emcees achieve together, there will always be individual group...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Pie " (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)