Last we heard from Angel Ocean, the up-and-coming crooner had resigned himself to walking down that Long Road we call life, driven ever onward by a burning desire to succeed in the game. Since then, however, the Panhandle State representative (and Dangerflow frontman) has hit upon a bright idea; “tired of walkin’ all alone,” he issues an open call for a flight instructor who can “Teach Me to Fly, and keep me from fallin’.” The second single off Miami Beat Wave‘s forthcoming street album, this uplifting (no pun intended) cut finds the production crew layering breezy acoustic guitar chords and echoing synths over an exhilarating rhythm section as the singer expresses his longing for the wild blue yonder. With a little studio assistance from MBW, Angel turns in an appropriately soaring vocal performance, lacing the beat with intricate harmonies, sliced-and-diced stutters and falsetto accents. Has this exhilarating cut put some wind in your sails… or beneath your wings, as the case may be? Then you can find plenty more fresh, creative dancefloor-scorchers where this came from on The After Light, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next week.
Written by richard on 09/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.