Last we heard from Angel Ocean, the up-and-coming crooner had resigned himself to walking down that Long Road we call life, driven ever onward by a burning desire to succeed in the game. Since then, however, the Panhandle State representative (and Dangerflow frontman) has hit upon a bright idea; “tired of walkin’ all alone,” he issues an open call for a flight instructor who can “Teach Me to Fly, and keep me from fallin’.” The second single off Miami Beat Wave‘s forthcoming street album, this uplifting (no pun intended) cut finds the production crew layering breezy acoustic guitar chords and echoing synths over an exhilarating rhythm section as the singer expresses his longing for the wild blue yonder. With a little studio assistance from MBW, Angel turns in an appropriately soaring vocal performance, lacing the beat with intricate harmonies, sliced-and-diced stutters and falsetto accents. Has this exhilarating cut put some wind in your sails… or beneath your wings, as the case may be? Then you can find plenty more fresh, creative dancefloor-scorchers where this came from on The After Light, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next week.
Written by richard on 09/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.