Last we heard from Angel Ocean, the up-and-coming crooner had resigned himself to walking down that Long Road we call life, driven ever onward by a burning desire to succeed in the game. Since then, however, the Panhandle State representative (and Dangerflow frontman) has hit upon a bright idea; “tired of walkin’ all alone,” he issues an open call for a flight instructor who can “Teach Me to Fly, and keep me from fallin’.” The second single off Miami Beat Wave‘s forthcoming street album, this uplifting (no pun intended) cut finds the production crew layering breezy acoustic guitar chords and echoing synths over an exhilarating rhythm section as the singer expresses his longing for the wild blue yonder. With a little studio assistance from MBW, Angel turns in an appropriately soaring vocal performance, lacing the beat with intricate harmonies, sliced-and-diced stutters and falsetto accents. Has this exhilarating cut put some wind in your sails… or beneath your wings, as the case may be? Then you can find plenty more fresh, creative dancefloor-scorchers where this came from on The After Light, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next week.
Written by richard on 09/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)