Last we heard from Angel Ocean, the up-and-coming crooner had resigned himself to walking down that Long Road we call life, driven ever onward by a burning desire to succeed in the game. Since then, however, the Panhandle State representative (and Dangerflow frontman) has hit upon a bright idea; “tired of walkin’ all alone,” he issues an open call for a flight instructor who can “Teach Me to Fly, and keep me from fallin’.” The second single off Miami Beat Wave‘s forthcoming street album, this uplifting (no pun intended) cut finds the production crew layering breezy acoustic guitar chords and echoing synths over an exhilarating rhythm section as the singer expresses his longing for the wild blue yonder. With a little studio assistance from MBW, Angel turns in an appropriately soaring vocal performance, lacing the beat with intricate harmonies, sliced-and-diced stutters and falsetto accents. Has this exhilarating cut put some wind in your sails… or beneath your wings, as the case may be? Then you can find plenty more fresh, creative dancefloor-scorchers where this came from on The After Light, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next week.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.