It’s beginning to seem like up-and-coming production team Miami Beat Wave is angling to spark more than just a musical revolution with his forthcoming mixtape; fresh off joining forces with hip-hop radicals dead prez (who, granted, kept the political rhetoric to a minimum on This Is Life), the beatsmiths have hooked up with Florida ensemble ¡MAYDAY! to bring us the Booth-exclusive world premiere of One Foot in the Grave, a track which opens with one of the most fiery speeches I’ve heard in a minute: “Good evening to the commune / No need to stand, ‘cause I promise y’all that I’ll be gone soon / see I’m speaking for the working folks…” Miami Beat Wave, of course, comes with bracing boardwork to match Wrekonize, Bernbiz and co.‘s impassioned bars, building from a simmering verse to a spacey, electric-guitar-infused chorus. If you’re digging this musical call-to-arms, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on the producer’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 14.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.