It’s beginning to seem like up-and-coming production team Miami Beat Wave is angling to spark more than just a musical revolution with his forthcoming mixtape; fresh off joining forces with hip-hop radicals dead prez (who, granted, kept the political rhetoric to a minimum on This Is Life), the beatsmiths have hooked up with Florida ensemble ¡MAYDAY! to bring us the Booth-exclusive world premiere of One Foot in the Grave, a track which opens with one of the most fiery speeches I’ve heard in a minute: “Good evening to the commune / No need to stand, ‘cause I promise y’all that I’ll be gone soon / see I’m speaking for the working folks…” Miami Beat Wave, of course, comes with bracing boardwork to match Wrekonize, Bernbiz and co.‘s impassioned bars, building from a simmering verse to a spacey, electric-guitar-infused chorus. If you’re digging this musical call-to-arms, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on the producer’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 14.
Written by richard on 08/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.