It’s beginning to seem like up-and-coming production team Miami Beat Wave is angling to spark more than just a musical revolution with his forthcoming mixtape; fresh off joining forces with hip-hop radicals dead prez (who, granted, kept the political rhetoric to a minimum on This Is Life), the beatsmiths have hooked up with Florida ensemble ¡MAYDAY! to bring us the Booth-exclusive world premiere of One Foot in the Grave, a track which opens with one of the most fiery speeches I’ve heard in a minute: “Good evening to the commune / No need to stand, ‘cause I promise y’all that I’ll be gone soon / see I’m speaking for the working folks…” Miami Beat Wave, of course, comes with bracing boardwork to match Wrekonize, Bernbiz and co.‘s impassioned bars, building from a simmering verse to a spacey, electric-guitar-infused chorus. If you’re digging this musical call-to-arms, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on the producer’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 14.
Written by richard on 08/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.