It’s beginning to seem like up-and-coming production team Miami Beat Wave is angling to spark more than just a musical revolution with his forthcoming mixtape; fresh off joining forces with hip-hop radicals dead prez (who, granted, kept the political rhetoric to a minimum on This Is Life), the beatsmiths have hooked up with Florida ensemble ¡MAYDAY! to bring us the Booth-exclusive world premiere of One Foot in the Grave, a track which opens with one of the most fiery speeches I’ve heard in a minute: “Good evening to the commune / No need to stand, ‘cause I promise y’all that I’ll be gone soon / see I’m speaking for the working folks…” Miami Beat Wave, of course, comes with bracing boardwork to match Wrekonize, Bernbiz and co.‘s impassioned bars, building from a simmering verse to a spacey, electric-guitar-infused chorus. If you’re digging this musical call-to-arms, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on the producer’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 14.
Written by richard on 08/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.