It’s beginning to seem like up-and-coming production team Miami Beat Wave is angling to spark more than just a musical revolution with his forthcoming mixtape; fresh off joining forces with hip-hop radicals dead prez (who, granted, kept the political rhetoric to a minimum on This Is Life), the beatsmiths have hooked up with Florida ensemble ¡MAYDAY! to bring us the Booth-exclusive world premiere of One Foot in the Grave, a track which opens with one of the most fiery speeches I’ve heard in a minute: “Good evening to the commune / No need to stand, ‘cause I promise y’all that I’ll be gone soon / see I’m speaking for the working folks…” Miami Beat Wave, of course, comes with bracing boardwork to match Wrekonize, Bernbiz and co.‘s impassioned bars, building from a simmering verse to a spacey, electric-guitar-infused chorus. If you’re digging this musical call-to-arms, you’ll be able to hear plenty more where this came from on the producer’s DJBooth.net-sponsored Slight Modification mixtape, set to hit our mixtape page for streaming and free download September 14.
Written by richard on 08/19/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.