Are you a fan of South Florida independent hip-hop? Then you may get the urge to pinch yourself after learning that local crews Miami Beat Wave, ¡MAYDAY! and ArtOfficial are planning to release a collaborative project, just to make sure you’re not dreaming. (Please don’t, though—if I’m in your dream, that means I’ll disappear when you wake up). As a foretaste of the dopeness in store, the collaborators have liberated lead single and title track Neighbors, a moody selection which finds Bernz (¡MAYDAY!) DaVincci (MBW) and Ao Logics (ArtOfficial) trading gritty, yet poetic verses over MBW’s keyboard-driven boardwork. Los Angeles-based singer Katie DiCicco provides a guest hook. If this cut’s piqued your interest, you can watch our pages for further details on the currently-unscheduled Neighbors mixtape, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 08/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"This Is Life [Premiere]" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.