In a recent interview, international hip-hop/pop starlet M.I.A. stated that she intended her latest full-length to sound like a “digital ruckus.” Well, as something of an expert on ruckuses of the musical variety, I’m happy to say that the official lead single, XXXO, fits that description to a tee. Could I describe the ruckus? Why, yes, yes I can. Presented here in newly-remixed form, this dancefloor-ready selection finds producers Rusko and Blaqstarr layering swirling synth arpeggios and reverb-drenched percussion as M.I.A engages in some sing-rapped sloganeering around the topics of sex, identity and Twitter. The real news in regard to this version of the track is, of course, the guest contributor: none other than J. Hova hops on board for the remix, expanding upon the headliner’s technological musings and, for no apparent reason, resurrecting the term “metrosexual” in his brisk closing verse. If this sounds like your kind of ruckus, it’s a good bet you’ll find more to vibe out to on Maya (or /\/\ /\ Y /\, if you wanna be fancy) when it arrives on store shelves July 20.
Written by richard on 06/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)