Quickly, without thinking, grab the nearest piece of paper and write down the names of the two most controversial, polarizing female artists in today’s hip-hop game. Or don’t, because you already know the answer: hipster icon M.I.A. and Young Money superstar Nicki Minaj are two ladies who never fail to get people talking and, on the official remix of Maya single Teqkilla, these two talented rabblerousers collide. Backed by the abrasive synth squeals, chopped vocal samples and jittery percussion of a Rusko, Switch and John Hill, the collaborators drop verses about as off-the-wall as you’d expect; while the headliner’s contributions find her indulging in “sticky-icky-icky-icky-icky we-e-e-ed” and a wide variety of middle-shelf liquors, it’s Nicki who sounds truly sauced, slurring her way through an entertainingly scatterbrained guest verse that ends with a rather unnecessary announcement: “I’m f*cked up.” Sure to spur some healthy debate among our readers, this compulsively body-moving single (in its original form) and much more can be found on M.I.A.‘s third LP, out now overseas and set to drop stateside on July 13.
Written by richard on 07/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.