Quickly, without thinking, grab the nearest piece of paper and write down the names of the two most controversial, polarizing female artists in today’s hip-hop game. Or don’t, because you already know the answer: hipster icon M.I.A. and Young Money superstar Nicki Minaj are two ladies who never fail to get people talking and, on the official remix of Maya single Teqkilla, these two talented rabblerousers collide. Backed by the abrasive synth squeals, chopped vocal samples and jittery percussion of a Rusko, Switch and John Hill, the collaborators drop verses about as off-the-wall as you’d expect; while the headliner’s contributions find her indulging in “sticky-icky-icky-icky-icky we-e-e-ed” and a wide variety of middle-shelf liquors, it’s Nicki who sounds truly sauced, slurring her way through an entertainingly scatterbrained guest verse that ends with a rather unnecessary announcement: “I’m f*cked up.” Sure to spur some healthy debate among our readers, this compulsively body-moving single (in its original form) and much more can be found on M.I.A.‘s third LP, out now overseas and set to drop stateside on July 13.
Written by richard on 07/6/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.