Quickly, without thinking, grab the nearest piece of paper and write down the names of the two most controversial, polarizing female artists in today’s hip-hop game. Or don’t, because you already know the answer: hipster icon M.I.A. and Young Money superstar Nicki Minaj are two ladies who never fail to get people talking and, on the official remix of Maya single Teqkilla, these two talented rabblerousers collide. Backed by the abrasive synth squeals, chopped vocal samples and jittery percussion of a Rusko, Switch and John Hill, the collaborators drop verses about as off-the-wall as you’d expect; while the headliner’s contributions find her indulging in “sticky-icky-icky-icky-icky we-e-e-ed” and a wide variety of middle-shelf liquors, it’s Nicki who sounds truly sauced, slurring her way through an entertainingly scatterbrained guest verse that ends with a rather unnecessary announcement: “I’m f*cked up.” Sure to spur some healthy debate among our readers, this compulsively body-moving single (in its original form) and much more can be found on M.I.A.‘s third LP, out now overseas and set to drop stateside on July 13.
Written by richard on 07/6/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)