Current industry sensation M.I.A. has hardly been missing in action the past few months, with her hit single, Paper Planes, hitting the Billboard Top 10. Recognizing her growing popularity, her label, Interscope, wisely decided to re-release her successful sophomore set, Kala, featuring a remix of Boyz with none other than Jay-Z. M.I.A. rhymes nimbly over a jangling beat that she co-produced with Switch, while Hova rants about the corruption of politicians and the need for Americans to vote for Obama. The combination of this budding international star and mainstream music mogul proves to be a powerful one, and this record will likely catch tons of spins at radio as a result. Watch for Kala’s re-release to hit stores and iTunes soon on Election Day, November 4.
Written by Carly on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"XXXO (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.