Current industry sensation M.I.A. has hardly been missing in action the past few months, with her hit single, Paper Planes, hitting the Billboard Top 10. Recognizing her growing popularity, her label, Interscope, wisely decided to re-release her successful sophomore set, Kala, featuring a remix of Boyz with none other than Jay-Z. M.I.A. rhymes nimbly over a jangling beat that she co-produced with Switch, while Hova rants about the corruption of politicians and the need for Americans to vote for Obama. The combination of this budding international star and mainstream music mogul proves to be a powerful one, and this record will likely catch tons of spins at radio as a result. Watch for Kala’s re-release to hit stores and iTunes soon on Election Day, November 4.
Written by Carly on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"XXXO (Remix)" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.