Double Bubble Trouble has a long and controversial history. M.I.A. originally released the video herself, apparently without her label Universal Music Group‘s approval, who blocked the video on YouTube on copyright grounds. An outpouring of protest caused UMG to reverse course, and we can now watch one of the most ...genius?....confusing?...videos to come across our eyeballs in a minute. Double Bubble Trouble can be found on M.I.A.‘s 2013 album, Matangi.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.