Originally slated to hit stores in April, M.I.A.‘s fourth studio album was reportedly delayed after the Interscope brass expressed dissatisfaction with the “positive” material she had recorded, requesting something more in line with her iconoclastic public image. It could hardly be more appropriate, then, that the set’s newly-released lead single sees her drawing inspiration from the original hip-hop provocateurs, Public Enemy. Echoing the title of the first song off ‘88’s classic It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back…, Bring the Noize finds the artist delivering high-velocity rhymes over Switch & Surkin‘s production, a raucous mix of syncopated percussion and thinly-sliced vocal samples. Matangi is scheduled for a fall release via N.E.E.T./Interscope. In the meantime, keep it locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated project.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.