Originally slated to hit stores in April, M.I.A.‘s fourth studio album was reportedly delayed after the Interscope brass expressed dissatisfaction with the “positive” material she had recorded, requesting something more in line with her iconoclastic public image. It could hardly be more appropriate, then, that the set’s newly-released lead single sees her drawing inspiration from the original hip-hop provocateurs, Public Enemy. Echoing the title of the first song off ‘88’s classic It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back…, Bring the Noize finds the artist delivering high-velocity rhymes over Switch & Surkin‘s production, a raucous mix of syncopated percussion and thinly-sliced vocal samples. Matangi is scheduled for a fall release via N.E.E.T./Interscope. In the meantime, keep it locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated project.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.