Originally slated to hit stores in April, M.I.A.‘s fourth studio album was reportedly delayed after the Interscope brass expressed dissatisfaction with the “positive” material she had recorded, requesting something more in line with her iconoclastic public image. It could hardly be more appropriate, then, that the set’s newly-released lead single sees her drawing inspiration from the original hip-hop provocateurs, Public Enemy. Echoing the title of the first song off ‘88’s classic It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back…, Bring the Noize finds the artist delivering high-velocity rhymes over Switch & Surkin‘s production, a raucous mix of syncopated percussion and thinly-sliced vocal samples. Matangi is scheduled for a fall release via N.E.E.T./Interscope. In the meantime, keep it locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated project.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!