Originally slated to hit stores in April, M.I.A.‘s fourth studio album was reportedly delayed after the Interscope brass expressed dissatisfaction with the “positive” material she had recorded, requesting something more in line with her iconoclastic public image. It could hardly be more appropriate, then, that the set’s newly-released lead single sees her drawing inspiration from the original hip-hop provocateurs, Public Enemy. Echoing the title of the first song off ‘88’s classic It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back…, Bring the Noize finds the artist delivering high-velocity rhymes over Switch & Surkin‘s production, a raucous mix of syncopated percussion and thinly-sliced vocal samples. Matangi is scheduled for a fall release via N.E.E.T./Interscope. In the meantime, keep it locked for further singles off the highly-anticipated project.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boyz (Remix) ft. Jay-Z" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.