Thus far in the promotional campaign for its new compilation album, Republic Records has liberated never-before-heard cuts from Jared Evan (State I’m In) and Sammy Adams (Pop Money). Though the latter dropped just yesterday, the label is already back with another fresh song release off the set, this one coming courtesy of M.i. The Austin native’s first feature since hooking up with The DJBooth to release Pushing Keyes back in May, Sundress Pt. 2 is a sensual snapshot of summer love. The artist’s own subdued guitar strums set the mood as he waxes poetic about his girl’s appearance in the titular garment, in the process switching deftly between sung and flowed vocals. Feeling it? The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 is available now on iTunes. Another song release off the set, T. Mills‘s Riverside Girl, will hit our front page later today.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)