Thus far in the promotional campaign for its new compilation album, Republic Records has liberated never-before-heard cuts from Jared Evan (State I’m In) and Sammy Adams (Pop Money). Though the latter dropped just yesterday, the label is already back with another fresh song release off the set, this one coming courtesy of M.i. The Austin native’s first feature since hooking up with The DJBooth to release Pushing Keyes back in May, Sundress Pt. 2 is a sensual snapshot of summer love. The artist’s own subdued guitar strums set the mood as he waxes poetic about his girl’s appearance in the titular garment, in the process switching deftly between sung and flowed vocals. Feeling it? The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 is available now on iTunes. Another song release off the set, T. Mills‘s Riverside Girl, will hit our front page later today.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)