Thus far in the promotional campaign for its new compilation album, Republic Records has liberated never-before-heard cuts from Jared Evan (State I’m In) and Sammy Adams (Pop Money). Though the latter dropped just yesterday, the label is already back with another fresh song release off the set, this one coming courtesy of M.i. The Austin native’s first feature since hooking up with The DJBooth to release Pushing Keyes back in May, Sundress Pt. 2 is a sensual snapshot of summer love. The artist’s own subdued guitar strums set the mood as he waxes poetic about his girl’s appearance in the titular garment, in the process switching deftly between sung and flowed vocals. Feeling it? The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 is available now on iTunes. Another song release off the set, T. Mills‘s Riverside Girl, will hit our front page later today.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.