Thus far in the promotional campaign for its new compilation album, Republic Records has liberated never-before-heard cuts from Jared Evan (State I’m In) and Sammy Adams (Pop Money). Though the latter dropped just yesterday, the label is already back with another fresh song release off the set, this one coming courtesy of M.i. The Austin native’s first feature since hooking up with The DJBooth to release Pushing Keyes back in May, Sundress Pt. 2 is a sensual snapshot of summer love. The artist’s own subdued guitar strums set the mood as he waxes poetic about his girl’s appearance in the titular garment, in the process switching deftly between sung and flowed vocals. Feeling it? The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 is available now on iTunes. Another song release off the set, T. Mills‘s Riverside Girl, will hit our front page later today.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.