Thus far in the promotional campaign for its new compilation album, Republic Records has liberated never-before-heard cuts from Jared Evan (State I’m In) and Sammy Adams (Pop Money). Though the latter dropped just yesterday, the label is already back with another fresh song release off the set, this one coming courtesy of M.i. The Austin native’s first feature since hooking up with The DJBooth to release Pushing Keyes back in May, Sundress Pt. 2 is a sensual snapshot of summer love. The artist’s own subdued guitar strums set the mood as he waxes poetic about his girl’s appearance in the titular garment, in the process switching deftly between sung and flowed vocals. Feeling it? The Basement Chronicles: Chapter 1 is available now on iTunes. Another song release off the set, T. Mills‘s Riverside Girl, will hit our front page later today.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.