Though, these days, all I hear of Coldplay is what gets played on the radio and/or sampled in hip-hop records, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wear out their debut set, Parachutes, when it dropped way back in 2000. On Stoned, the latest leak off new project The Coldplay Sessions, M.i takes inspiration from my personal favorite record off the set, album opener Don’t Panic. As always, the Austin native handles both production and mic duties. Over his own breakbeat-fortified sampling of the aforementioned cut’s piano-led instrumental backdrop, he rhymes about his conflicted relationship with marijuana. Though he’s found piff a handy tool to relieve stress and enhance his creativity, he admits that its effects on his mindstate have been largely negative: “Truth is it was bringin’ me down / Makin’ me another person, I’m gonna bounce.” Has this chilly, introspective cut left you craving more? Then click here to stream and/or download M.i.‘s latest street album, released yesterday by The DJBooth in conjunction with AshleyOutrageous and GoodMusicAllDay.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.