Though, these days, all I hear of Coldplay is what gets played on the radio and/or sampled in hip-hop records, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wear out their debut set, Parachutes, when it dropped way back in 2000. On Stoned, the latest leak off new project The Coldplay Sessions, M.i takes inspiration from my personal favorite record off the set, album opener Don’t Panic. As always, the Austin native handles both production and mic duties. Over his own breakbeat-fortified sampling of the aforementioned cut’s piano-led instrumental backdrop, he rhymes about his conflicted relationship with marijuana. Though he’s found piff a handy tool to relieve stress and enhance his creativity, he admits that its effects on his mindstate have been largely negative: “Truth is it was bringin’ me down / Makin’ me another person, I’m gonna bounce.” Has this chilly, introspective cut left you craving more? Then click here to stream and/or download M.i.‘s latest street album, released yesterday by The DJBooth in conjunction with AshleyOutrageous and GoodMusicAllDay.
Written by richard on 04/11/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)