Though, these days, all I hear of Coldplay is what gets played on the radio and/or sampled in hip-hop records, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wear out their debut set, Parachutes, when it dropped way back in 2000. On Stoned, the latest leak off new project The Coldplay Sessions, M.i takes inspiration from my personal favorite record off the set, album opener Don’t Panic. As always, the Austin native handles both production and mic duties. Over his own breakbeat-fortified sampling of the aforementioned cut’s piano-led instrumental backdrop, he rhymes about his conflicted relationship with marijuana. Though he’s found piff a handy tool to relieve stress and enhance his creativity, he admits that its effects on his mindstate have been largely negative: “Truth is it was bringin’ me down / Makin’ me another person, I’m gonna bounce.” Has this chilly, introspective cut left you craving more? Then click here to stream and/or download M.i.‘s latest street album, released yesterday by The DJBooth in conjunction with AshleyOutrageous and GoodMusicAllDay.
Written by richard on 04/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.