Though, these days, all I hear of Coldplay is what gets played on the radio and/or sampled in hip-hop records, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wear out their debut set, Parachutes, when it dropped way back in 2000. On Stoned, the latest leak off new project The Coldplay Sessions, M.i takes inspiration from my personal favorite record off the set, album opener Don’t Panic. As always, the Austin native handles both production and mic duties. Over his own breakbeat-fortified sampling of the aforementioned cut’s piano-led instrumental backdrop, he rhymes about his conflicted relationship with marijuana. Though he’s found piff a handy tool to relieve stress and enhance his creativity, he admits that its effects on his mindstate have been largely negative: “Truth is it was bringin’ me down / Makin’ me another person, I’m gonna bounce.” Has this chilly, introspective cut left you craving more? Then click here to stream and/or download M.i.‘s latest street album, released yesterday by The DJBooth in conjunction with AshleyOutrageous and GoodMusicAllDay.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.