Though, these days, all I hear of Coldplay is what gets played on the radio and/or sampled in hip-hop records, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wear out their debut set, Parachutes, when it dropped way back in 2000. On Stoned, the latest leak off new project The Coldplay Sessions, M.i takes inspiration from my personal favorite record off the set, album opener Don’t Panic. As always, the Austin native handles both production and mic duties. Over his own breakbeat-fortified sampling of the aforementioned cut’s piano-led instrumental backdrop, he rhymes about his conflicted relationship with marijuana. Though he’s found piff a handy tool to relieve stress and enhance his creativity, he admits that its effects on his mindstate have been largely negative: “Truth is it was bringin’ me down / Makin’ me another person, I’m gonna bounce.” Has this chilly, introspective cut left you craving more? Then click here to stream and/or download M.i.‘s latest street album, released yesterday by The DJBooth in conjunction with AshleyOutrageous and GoodMusicAllDay.
Written by richard on 04/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.