“A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, but signifying NoThing.” Though Macbeth was describing life itself in his famous quote, as far as M.i is concerned, the Scottish king could have been referring to your typical mainstream rap record. On the latest world premiere off his forthcoming, Coldplay-themed street release, the Austin buzzmaker describes the internal conflict that marks his relationship with the industry. While he craves success (and cash) as much as the next rapper, he can’t help but be troubled by the fakeness and superficiality pervading today’s game (“I’m wondering now, who’s funnelin’ thousands into motherf*ckers who sound like nothing that should be found.”). As usual, M.i handles his own production, complementing his palpably frustrated yet contemplative bars with a dreamy, chopped string sample from Viva la Vida inclusion Yes. The Coldplay Sessions is scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next Tuesday, February 21. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep the project’s latest video, Paradise.
Written by richard on 05/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)