“A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, but signifying NoThing.” Though Macbeth was describing life itself in his famous quote, as far as M.i is concerned, the Scottish king could have been referring to your typical mainstream rap record. On the latest world premiere off his forthcoming, Coldplay-themed street release, the Austin buzzmaker describes the internal conflict that marks his relationship with the industry. While he craves success (and cash) as much as the next rapper, he can’t help but be troubled by the fakeness and superficiality pervading today’s game (“I’m wondering now, who’s funnelin’ thousands into motherf*ckers who sound like nothing that should be found.”). As usual, M.i handles his own production, complementing his palpably frustrated yet contemplative bars with a dreamy, chopped string sample from Viva la Vida inclusion Yes. The Coldplay Sessions is scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next Tuesday, February 21. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep the project’s latest video, Paradise.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.