“A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, but signifying NoThing.” Though Macbeth was describing life itself in his famous quote, as far as M.i is concerned, the Scottish king could have been referring to your typical mainstream rap record. On the latest world premiere off his forthcoming, Coldplay-themed street release, the Austin buzzmaker describes the internal conflict that marks his relationship with the industry. While he craves success (and cash) as much as the next rapper, he can’t help but be troubled by the fakeness and superficiality pervading today’s game (“I’m wondering now, who’s funnelin’ thousands into motherf*ckers who sound like nothing that should be found.”). As usual, M.i handles his own production, complementing his palpably frustrated yet contemplative bars with a dreamy, chopped string sample from Viva la Vida inclusion Yes. The Coldplay Sessions is scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next Tuesday, February 21. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep the project’s latest video, Paradise.
Written by richard on 05/18/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)