“A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, but signifying NoThing.” Though Macbeth was describing life itself in his famous quote, as far as M.i is concerned, the Scottish king could have been referring to your typical mainstream rap record. On the latest world premiere off his forthcoming, Coldplay-themed street release, the Austin buzzmaker describes the internal conflict that marks his relationship with the industry. While he craves success (and cash) as much as the next rapper, he can’t help but be troubled by the fakeness and superficiality pervading today’s game (“I’m wondering now, who’s funnelin’ thousands into motherf*ckers who sound like nothing that should be found.”). As usual, M.i handles his own production, complementing his palpably frustrated yet contemplative bars with a dreamy, chopped string sample from Viva la Vida inclusion Yes. The Coldplay Sessions is scheduled to arrive on the ‘net next Tuesday, February 21. In the meantime, fans can click here to peep the project’s latest video, Paradise.
Written by richard on 05/18/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.