After years on his hustle, M.i. is so close to his big break that he can almost taste it. As he puts it on his latest single and first feature of 2013, “sh*t is Imminent.” Part of the Austin native’s next collaborative set with Minneapolis beatsmith Tyler Keyes (They previously linked up on the DJBooth-hosted Prep Time.), the record finds M.i. toasting his impending takeover of the game over a sampled beat which shapeshifts into a chillier electronic groove midway through. Jason Brewer and Q provide artistically-shot visuals to complement the cut. Featuring appearances by Chamillionaire, OnCue and many more, Pushing Keyes is scheduled to drop digitally May 16. Watch for the project’s Blu-assisted lead single, Church, West Texas, to hit the ‘net April 1.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.