After years on his hustle, M.i. is so close to his big break that he can almost taste it. As he puts it on his latest single and first feature of 2013, “sh*t is Imminent.” Part of the Austin native’s next collaborative set with Minneapolis beatsmith Tyler Keyes (They previously linked up on the DJBooth-hosted Prep Time.), the record finds M.i. toasting his impending takeover of the game over a sampled beat which shapeshifts into a chillier electronic groove midway through. Jason Brewer and Q provide artistically-shot visuals to complement the cut. Featuring appearances by Chamillionaire, OnCue and many more, Pushing Keyes is scheduled to drop digitally May 16. Watch for the project’s Blu-assisted lead single, Church, West Texas, to hit the ‘net April 1.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.