After years on his hustle, M.i. is so close to his big break that he can almost taste it. As he puts it on his latest single and first feature of 2013, “sh*t is Imminent.” Part of the Austin native’s next collaborative set with Minneapolis beatsmith Tyler Keyes (They previously linked up on the DJBooth-hosted Prep Time.), the record finds M.i. toasting his impending takeover of the game over a sampled beat which shapeshifts into a chillier electronic groove midway through. Jason Brewer and Q provide artistically-shot visuals to complement the cut. Featuring appearances by Chamillionaire, OnCue and many more, Pushing Keyes is scheduled to drop digitally May 16. Watch for the project’s Blu-assisted lead single, Church, West Texas, to hit the ‘net April 1.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.