After years on his hustle, M.i. is so close to his big break that he can almost taste it. As he puts it on his latest single and first feature of 2013, “sh*t is Imminent.” Part of the Austin native’s next collaborative set with Minneapolis beatsmith Tyler Keyes (They previously linked up on the DJBooth-hosted Prep Time.), the record finds M.i. toasting his impending takeover of the game over a sampled beat which shapeshifts into a chillier electronic groove midway through. Jason Brewer and Q provide artistically-shot visuals to complement the cut. Featuring appearances by Chamillionaire, OnCue and many more, Pushing Keyes is scheduled to drop digitally May 16. Watch for the project’s Blu-assisted lead single, Church, West Texas, to hit the ‘net April 1.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.