After years on his hustle, M.i. is so close to his big break that he can almost taste it. As he puts it on his latest single and first feature of 2013, “sh*t is Imminent.” Part of the Austin native’s next collaborative set with Minneapolis beatsmith Tyler Keyes (They previously linked up on the DJBooth-hosted Prep Time.), the record finds M.i. toasting his impending takeover of the game over a sampled beat which shapeshifts into a chillier electronic groove midway through. Jason Brewer and Q provide artistically-shot visuals to complement the cut. Featuring appearances by Chamillionaire, OnCue and many more, Pushing Keyes is scheduled to drop digitally May 16. Watch for the project’s Blu-assisted lead single, Church, West Texas, to hit the ‘net April 1.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.