With the his next project just a day away from release, Austin emcee M.i decided to stop by and say “Hi” to his fans in the Booth—and, ever the gracious guest, he hasn’t come empty-handed. The final pre-release single off the much-anticipated set is a hazy love letter to Mary Jane. Project collaborator Tyler Keyes’ mellow keyboard loops and luxuriant brass set the mood as M.i. addresses laid-back bars to fellow lovers of the piff (including, in his younger days, Barack Obama). Singer Porche Harris provides hook and backing vocals. Though the video for this cut practically writes itself (M.i.‘s cruising around, smoking trees—boom, done.), director C. Ewing takes the road less traveled, crafting a creative narrative with a surprise ending. For this joint, previous single Write It Down, and plenty more dope material, cop M.i. and Keyes’ Pushing Keyes tape when it drops digitally this Thursday, the 16th.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.