With the his next project just a day away from release, Austin emcee M.i decided to stop by and say “Hi” to his fans in the Booth—and, ever the gracious guest, he hasn’t come empty-handed. The final pre-release single off the much-anticipated set is a hazy love letter to Mary Jane. Project collaborator Tyler Keyes’ mellow keyboard loops and luxuriant brass set the mood as M.i. addresses laid-back bars to fellow lovers of the piff (including, in his younger days, Barack Obama). Singer Porche Harris provides hook and backing vocals. Though the video for this cut practically writes itself (M.i.‘s cruising around, smoking trees—boom, done.), director C. Ewing takes the road less traveled, crafting a creative narrative with a surprise ending. For this joint, previous single Write It Down, and plenty more dope material, cop M.i. and Keyes’ Pushing Keyes tape when it drops digitally this Thursday, the 16th.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
M.i, the artist who brought us 2011 mixtape Prep Time and 2012 project The Coldplay Sessions, has returned in 2013, this time with a full-length album in hand (digitally speaking, of course). Pushing Keyes is a collaborative...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.