With the his next project just a day away from release, Austin emcee M.i decided to stop by and say “Hi” to his fans in the Booth—and, ever the gracious guest, he hasn’t come empty-handed. The final pre-release single off the much-anticipated set is a hazy love letter to Mary Jane. Project collaborator Tyler Keyes’ mellow keyboard loops and luxuriant brass set the mood as M.i. addresses laid-back bars to fellow lovers of the piff (including, in his younger days, Barack Obama). Singer Porche Harris provides hook and backing vocals. Though the video for this cut practically writes itself (M.i.‘s cruising around, smoking trees—boom, done.), director C. Ewing takes the road less traveled, crafting a creative narrative with a surprise ending. For this joint, previous single Write It Down, and plenty more dope material, cop M.i. and Keyes’ Pushing Keyes tape when it drops digitally this Thursday, the 16th.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.