Last we heard from M.i, the Austin repper had just learned one of life’s toughest lessons: sometimes you’ve gotta Take a Loss in order to reign victorious in the end. Fresh off that humbling experience, however singer/emcee/beatsmith is right back on his grind – his latest effort (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) finds him moving full speed ahead, not planning on slowing down “Until I Get On.” In addition to the headliner’s own slow-burning synth/piano boardwork, driven rhymes and ambitious chorus vocals, this officially remixed version of the joint features the guest stylings of a Panhandle State Booth fave (and freestyle series contributor). Laws opens up the cut, lacing the beat with some real talk regarding the importance of music in his life: ”It dawned on me, that I’m nothing without this pen…” Judging by the level of dedication – not to mention versatility – M.i showcases here, fans won’t want to miss the freshness in store on his forthcoming Prep Time LP, which will be released on April 7 in our mixtapes section.
Written by richard on 04/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.