Last we heard from M.i, the Austin repper had just learned one of life’s toughest lessons: sometimes you’ve gotta Take a Loss in order to reign victorious in the end. Fresh off that humbling experience, however singer/emcee/beatsmith is right back on his grind – his latest effort (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) finds him moving full speed ahead, not planning on slowing down “Until I Get On.” In addition to the headliner’s own slow-burning synth/piano boardwork, driven rhymes and ambitious chorus vocals, this officially remixed version of the joint features the guest stylings of a Panhandle State Booth fave (and freestyle series contributor). Laws opens up the cut, lacing the beat with some real talk regarding the importance of music in his life: ”It dawned on me, that I’m nothing without this pen…” Judging by the level of dedication – not to mention versatility – M.i showcases here, fans won’t want to miss the freshness in store on his forthcoming Prep Time LP, which will be released on April 7 in our mixtapes section.
Written by richard on 04/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.