Last we heard from M.i, the Austin repper had just learned one of life’s toughest lessons: sometimes you’ve gotta Take a Loss in order to reign victorious in the end. Fresh off that humbling experience, however singer/emcee/beatsmith is right back on his grind – his latest effort (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) finds him moving full speed ahead, not planning on slowing down “Until I Get On.” In addition to the headliner’s own slow-burning synth/piano boardwork, driven rhymes and ambitious chorus vocals, this officially remixed version of the joint features the guest stylings of a Panhandle State Booth fave (and freestyle series contributor). Laws opens up the cut, lacing the beat with some real talk regarding the importance of music in his life: ”It dawned on me, that I’m nothing without this pen…” Judging by the level of dedication – not to mention versatility – M.i showcases here, fans won’t want to miss the freshness in store on his forthcoming Prep Time LP, which will be released on April 7 in our mixtapes section.
Written by richard on 04/4/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.