Last we heard from M.i, the Austin repper had just learned one of life’s toughest lessons: sometimes you’ve gotta Take a Loss in order to reign victorious in the end. Fresh off that humbling experience, however singer/emcee/beatsmith is right back on his grind – his latest effort (a Booth-exclusive world premiere!) finds him moving full speed ahead, not planning on slowing down “Until I Get On.” In addition to the headliner’s own slow-burning synth/piano boardwork, driven rhymes and ambitious chorus vocals, this officially remixed version of the joint features the guest stylings of a Panhandle State Booth fave (and freestyle series contributor). Laws opens up the cut, lacing the beat with some real talk regarding the importance of music in his life: ”It dawned on me, that I’m nothing without this pen…” Judging by the level of dedication – not to mention versatility – M.i showcases here, fans won’t want to miss the freshness in store on his forthcoming Prep Time LP, which will be released on April 7 in our mixtapes section.
Written by richard on 04/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.