On M.i.‘s last Booth feature, May’s After I’m Gone, the Austin rapper/producer described how his marathon recording sessions kept him from giving his girl the attention she deserved. As it turns out, the studio isn’t the only thing standing between the Austin native and the woman he loves. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Crawl Back finds him being led astray by an ex whose spell he just can’t seem to break—no matter how terrible he might feel about his indiscretions. Over his a dreamy sampling of Coldplay’s Warning Sign, M.i. offers a vivid glimpse into his guilt-wracked mindstate. Disgusted with his own dishonesty and his ability to come clean, he spits,“I’m ashamed, I’m sittin’ with the girl that I’m duckin’ / and she don’t even know that I’m sufferin’ so I blame her / And even though I’m the one that’s been f*ckin’ around I claim that I’m faithful / but I’m just like every other n*gga that played her.” Emotionally-fraught and defiantly true-to-life, this joint is sure to leave fans of hot beats and confessional rhymes amped for M.i.‘s Coldplay Sessions LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net for free download in January.
Written by richard on 12/5/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.