On M.i.‘s last Booth feature, May’s After I’m Gone, the Austin rapper/producer described how his marathon recording sessions kept him from giving his girl the attention she deserved. As it turns out, the studio isn’t the only thing standing between the Austin native and the woman he loves. Newly-leaked mixtape cut Crawl Back finds him being led astray by an ex whose spell he just can’t seem to break—no matter how terrible he might feel about his indiscretions. Over his a dreamy sampling of Coldplay’s Warning Sign, M.i. offers a vivid glimpse into his guilt-wracked mindstate. Disgusted with his own dishonesty and his ability to come clean, he spits,“I’m ashamed, I’m sittin’ with the girl that I’m duckin’ / and she don’t even know that I’m sufferin’ so I blame her / And even though I’m the one that’s been f*ckin’ around I claim that I’m faithful / but I’m just like every other n*gga that played her.” Emotionally-fraught and defiantly true-to-life, this joint is sure to leave fans of hot beats and confessional rhymes amped for M.i.‘s Coldplay Sessions LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net for free download in January.
Written by richard on 12/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.