What?! You haven’t downloaded M.i‘s new mixtape yet? Though the project dropped way back in early April, listeners who aren’t as with-it as your average Boothgoer still have time to jump on the Lone Star State representative’s bandwagon before their friends get the memo. If being the coolest kid on your block isn’t enough incentive, newly-selected single After I’m Gone should be all the convincing you need. This tender rap ballad finds beatsmith Tyler Keyes blending mellow synth voices with delicate piano as M.i addresses the chick he’s neglected to pursue his musical ambitions (and, by extension, get that paper). Acknowledging she might not understand his need to spend hours, days, weeks and even months and in the studio, he assures the girl in question that, through it all, she’s always been on his mind: “Missin’ you, wishin’ it wouldn’t be an issue, bu damn, not bein’ with you is as bad as you’d imagine.” Like what you’re hearing? Well, what are you waiting for – head on down to our Mixtape Page and get your own copy of the DJBooth.net-sponsored Prep Time (or just click here).
Written by richard on 05/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.