Time for a pop quiz: what do you get when you mix Yellow + Blue? As anyone who’s seen the inside of an elementary school classroom should probably know, the answer is “green.” Question number two: what do you get when you mix MHz Legacy with Blu? For the answer to that one, we turn to the third and latest single off the Def Jux vetreans’ long (and I mean long) awaited debut album. As on last week’s Satisfied, which featured an opener from Atmosphere lyricist Slug, MHz allow their guest to precede them; backed by crew member Surock‘s organ stabs and wailing guitar, the Inglewood undergrounder lends his usual smooth, witty flows to the front before handing the mic to Legacy rhymesayers Tage Future and Copywrite for the record’s latter two-thirds. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this colorful banger and much more on the crew’s self-titled debut set, available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/1/12
Submit your Rating
Man Bites Dog Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.